Here's a selection of our best stories this week:
- Contributor Emily Badger tracked down the 19 building types responsible for the recession.
- Over in Kentucky, officials are giving away a bridge.
- Some number-crunching on how much a bike trail is really worth.
- Where is weed cheapest?
- Over at The Atlantic, Alexis Madrigal has been road-tripping across the south, and he's sent back some fascinating profiles of start-up capitals, including a white board map of Atlanta's start-up scene and explanation of Durham's innovation ecosystem. Also Richmond - the new Silicon Valley?
- And finally, a very cool map illustrating how humans are screwing up the earth.