Falling rain, forestalled projects, and a fantasy subway map
Today, The Atlantic Cities is launching The Postcard. Each day, we'll feature a striking image from cities around the world, along with the latest news and happenings from media outlets doing great work there on ground. Want your photo featured? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or add them to our Flickr group.
- The driest year on record saw a momentary reprieve.
- Occupy protesters are gearing up for clashes with police.
- A $300 million race track project has stopped cold because of disputes over licensing.
- One of the city's last record stores is closing.
- Vagina, a women's magazine "for the ladies, by the ladies" is trying to raise $350 to cover the costs of their next issue.
- A "fantasy subway map" is making the rounds.
Photo by Stephen Gray.